HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR HARDWOOD FLOOR
Phoenix Hardwood Floors knows that Hardwood floors are not a small investment. Our commitment to making your floor last doesn’t stop when we are have completed the job. Below we have provided information on keeping your hardwood floors in “Like New” condition.
- Install proper protectors in “feet” on furniture
- Remove spills promptly. Use a soft cotton cloth and a good floor cleaner to clean wet spills.
- Place mats at extyerior doors to trap sand and grit from incoming traffic.
- Use area rugs in pivot areas: at step landings, near doorways, etc. All rugs should allow floors to breathe. For this reason, avoid rubber backed or other non-ventilated rugs.
- Sweep or vacuum your hardwood floors regularly.
- Maintian the relative humidity inyour home between 45% and 55%. Excessive humidity can cause wood fibers to swell, creating cracks in the finish.
What To Do
- Never damp mop a wood floor, just wipe according to your favorite hardwood floor cleaning label directions.
- Don’t let sand, grit, or other abrasives build up. Vacuum or sweep your hardwood floor regularly.
- Avoid high heeled shoes; they can severly damage the surface of any floor covering. Always keep heel caps in good repair.
- Do not use wax, oil, soap, or other household cleaniers on your polyurethane finished wood floor. The use of these products can dull today’s floor finishes and make refinishing difficult.